Below are progress pix.
First up was to attach the end to the peninsula. I was working solo, so that was a bit of a challenge as the long horizontals were affixed to the existing peninsula without being connected to each other. Once welded to the existing peninsula, I connected the two with a cross member. Then attached the legs.The peninsula is completed. Legs
are still to be added between the ends and other part of the peninsula. That will be next and the horizontal cross members. The structure at the end will support the helix. So, I still have a bit more engineering to do to ensure it will be sturdy enough.
The center posts have been added to the main part of the peninsula. The tall posts are required to support the upper level staging yard. In the foreground is the frame for the smaller peninsula.

This is a view of the entire peninsula. It's substantial. After the cross members are added, it will be time to deck it with plywood so I can then start laying the staging tracks.


No comments:
Post a Comment