Friday, June 17, 2016

And the wiring continues...

After my last post, I received some good feedback from folks. As I continue the wiring, I decided that in addition to the jumpers I will add feeders to every other piece of track. The wiring I did on the Exeter Branch used the same process with jumpers. However, since the East staging tracks will be covered by the main level, I've opted to be more cautious.



As I mentioned in my last post, what I did realize that I neglected to get track bus wire. So...off to the internet. I have planned to use 12 AWG stranded wire. I wanted to use automotive primary wire as opposed to the THHN wire available at Home Depot. Two differences exist: 1) Primary wire has more strands 2) the case on primary wire is soft and pliable versus the hard plastic on THHN. Thus, it's much easier so strip the wire for adding feeders. I ordered 1000' of white and 1000' of blue. Yes, I like that better then red and black

. I use the lighter colored wire on the aisle side. My feeders are red/green or white/blue. Why? Because those are the colors on the spool. I used the same color combination on the Exeter Branch. 

Feeder wiring continues. As I mentioned previously, it's a thank less job as you don't see any significant results. But, it's critical for a well running railroad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment