Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Cab Saver for NCE Cab06 and Cab 04 - New Product

When I received my new Cab06PR wireless throttles from NCE, I had one potentiometer (pot) failure during the first session and another failed soon after that. The failure was due to the fact that the throttle knob was too high making a gap between the cab surface and the bottom of the knob. The allowed the shaft of the pot to move laterally (rocking) causing failure. 

I tried lowering the knobs with little success. The problem is that the pot housing sits too high above the surface of the cab. 

I sought out a solution and had little success online. I ended up creating a prototype disc that would fit on the cab surface. It was keyed to fit around the pot. An adhesive backing was added to ensure it stayed in place. I was then able to put the knob on and the rocking was eliminated. As a bonus, I could control the resistance for turning the throttle knob by adjusting the pressure applied by the knob onto the disc. 

In talking with a friend of mine, we decided to make some and make them available to other NCE users. We call it the Cab Saver. 

Below are a number of images and the sequence of installing one. 

Pricing:
    $3.75 each, US shipping included. 
    3 for $11.00, US shipping included
   
    If you live outside of the use, please inquire about shipping costs. 

Payment can be made via Paypal or contacting me directly at TheCabSaver@gmail.com

Our Facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/cabsaver1/   You don't have to be a Facebook member to view it.

They are available in multiple colors. You can use specific colors to designate throttles or use all the same color. They are made from translucent acrylic and are a snap to install. 





Installation is easy. 

Step 1) Remove the throttle knob using and Allen wrench to loosen the 2 screws. Remove the foam disc from NCE if applicable.


Step 2) Peel the backing off the adhesive back and place it on the Cab pressing lightly to secure. Ensure that the Cab Saver is aligned correctly with the potentiometer housing. It is designed to fit snugly around the housing.


Step 3) Optionally add the NCE foam disc.


Step 4) Place the throttle knob onto the cab.


Step 5) Tighten the 2 Allen screws. 



Cab Savers come in multiple colors


Cab Savers are adhesive backed


No comments:

Post a Comment