I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. We certainly did.
Progress has restarted. I've been working on miscellaneous projects both model railroad and non-model railroad related.
Non-railroad: Bathroom progress continues. We are now ready to install the granite. Granite was finally selected! In the way the bathroom is being finished, granite is now the item on the critical path. I guess what I'll want for Christmas is a finished bathroom! Jennifer too!! Among other projects was going deer hunting for a week. You would think we would have at least seen a deer. Nope! I have more items, but I won't bore you with that.
I got back to welding more benchwork. Much of the mail peninsula is complete now. I have two small peninsulas to install. They are only 3-5 feet in length. This breaks up the flow of the benchwork and allows for additional switching opportunities. I have one built, but cannot install it as it will be in my want for the other. So, after test fitting, it is now resting on the ground. The other peninsula is designed to be extra structurally sound as it will support an egress point in the event of a fire.
Here is a picture of the main peninsula progress.
Lastly, I did a virtual presentation for the Operations SIG about the 11 years of running the Exeter Branch. It seemed to have been well received. The recorded the session, so if you are interested, you can view my presentation here: https://youtu.be/JW1rZ9pUYn0 It's about 50 minutes. We had some good questions and folks were very interested in my points system for job selections.
I'll get another update posted in a few weeks.



No comments:
Post a Comment