- Radius: I've settled on a 40" radius for all the mainline trackage. The two helixes that go down to staging are double tracked, Those are designed to be 40" and 38" respectively.
- Track power: I'm a firm believer in feeders for each and every piece of track. Yep, if it's 1/2" long, I'll put feeders on it. That's the same method I used for the Exeter Branch and I'm happy with the results. Even thought it is more work.
- I'm also planning 12 gauge track bus wiring throughout. I prefer to use automotive wire as it's multi-strand and the case is easier to strip. I'll share pictures of the bus to feeder connections when I get to wiring. Suffice it to say, I'll use the same method as the Exeter Branch
- I'm a big fan of multiple power districts managed using PSXs. It will be a bit more challenging, but I'm planning on 3 boosters (including the command station) with multiple PSXs per district.
- Rolling Stock: All of my rolling stock goes thru a quality control process. I used the NMRA weight standard (although I think it's a bit heavy). All trucks reamed to ensure axles are free rolling. And the couplers are all replaces with Kadee #5 or #148. I'd like to go with the #58s but I have a substantial investmetnt in #5s already. As we all know, RTR most often means ready to repair. I go thru all equipment.
That's it for today, time to go to dinner with the wife!
No comments:
Post a Comment