Monday, August 31, 2015

The room is almost ready!

It's been a journey, but the room is finally nearly complete. I needed to wait for nearly a year from initial construction for the building to settle and to take care of the one year 'punch list' items. The ceiling settled and some cracks needed to be repaired. That is done,

The flooring is complete (mostly). I decided to go with laminate as I was concerned with wear on the carpet. Especially the stairs. So, I've done 100% laminate.

As you can see in the photo, I've laid out the railroad footprint in blue tape. It's not easy to get a good perspective from the picture.

I expect construction to start after Labor Day weekend. No need to labor on Labor Day :)




2 comments:

  1. Rick,

    Your one year is about what I experienced with new construction. As you note, things need to settle (fortunately none of the foundation and cracking issues for me) and you--yourself--need to settle into the new digs.

    I well understand the issue of photos not doing the space justice. I have 9 ft-6 in ceilings, so people get the scale all wrong just from that. How high are your ceilings?

    Keep up the good work,

    Bill Decker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bill. My ceilings are 9'.

    ReplyDelete